StoneWay Kids is not simply a scaled down version of our CrossFit program, it is entirely absolutely CrossFit geared and designed for a special population and the specific developmental needs of that population.(neurological, cognitive, motor)
StoneWay Kids is the principal strength and conditioning program for many young athletes and the primary P.E. program for many home schools, charter schools. It is used by athletic teams, martial arts schools and many parents that want their kids to grow up healthy, strong and have a life long love of working out thus avoiding the common problems associated with childhood inactivity and obesity.
Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. Healthy living requires that our kids push, pull, run, throw, climb, lift, jump, effectively and safely regardless of whether or not they play athletics. Athletics is a specialized pursuit. Our goal is to support the specialist, but reward the generalist.
StoneWay CrossFit is aiming to be a world-class organization and leader in All Sports Conditioning, with a core focus in Football, Soccer, Baseball, Endurance training and Krav Maga. Through our commitment, creativity, and strategic partnerships, StoneWay CrossFit will consistently demonstrate a dedication to our students with outstanding programs, facilities, and services, providing unparalleled personal growth, which will translate into all aspects of our Students' lives.
10 General Physical Skills
- Cardiovascular Endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process and deliver oxygen. Can you get enough oxygen to your body?
- Stamina - The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy. Can you get energy to your muscles?
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force. How much can you lift?
- Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint. Can you touch your toes?
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time. How much work can you do in the least time?
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement. How fast can you go?
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement. Can you pat your head and rub your stomach?
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another. Can you kick a soccer ball into the net?
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base. How quickly can you change direction?
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity. Can you stand on one foot? With your eyes shut?
Who Can Paricipate?
StoneWay Kids is open to children ages 6-12.
2 Week All Sports Specific Pre-Season program
Monday and Friday's @ 1pm for the next 2 weeks.
(Starting Monday August 15th)
4 Week All Sports Specific In-Season program
Monday and Friday's @ 1pm starting every 4 weeks.
For more information or if you are interested in StoneWay Kids